Today marks the second and final day of a working tour of Migori County by the Romanian Ambassador who is on a mission to appraise the development programmes of Migori County in order to assess areas proposed for cooperation.
On her first day, the Ambassador visited:
1. Nyailing’a Local Poultry Facility by the County in Suna West.
2. The County Aggregation and Industrial Park in Nyatike.
3. Sori Lakefront Fish Landing Beaches in Nyatike.
Similarly, on her second day, the Ambassodor visited:
1. Rongo University for possible exchanges of both students and teaching staff with universities in Romania.
2. The Diary Processing Plant in Rongo for cooperation on equipment and technology improvement.
3. The Migori County Referral Hospital for cooperation on staff capacity building and technology support.
4. Kugisingisi Abattoir in Kuria West for processing and packaging meat and leather products.
5. Getonganya Sweet Potato Plant.
In her courtesy call at the Governor’s Office, the Ambassador highlighted areas outlined by the Romanian Government as their priorities to the people of Kenya, including Education and support to County Governments.
H.E. Governor Ochilo Ayacko assured the Ambassador of absolute cooperation on identified areas with input from the County Government available when needed.
In line with this close partnership, two delegations of Senior Staff from the County Government of Migori have already visited Industrial Parks and Cities of Romania to get a feel of the technology that can be transferred to the County’s Development.
The collaboration is expected to yield tangible fruits in development for the people of Migori County in the coming months.